2019 is almost over! Wow! It’s so hard to believe another year has flown by. 2020 is a very special year to me because it marks 5 years of officially being in business. It’s weird that this side hustle in 2015 turned into helping more than 100 couples celebrate their happiest of days! My official business birthday is in May, so I’m sure I’ll do something special to celebrate.
Last year, I started my 2018 recap by talking about my personal accomplishments. 2018 was a huge year because I got married! In 2019, we celebrated a year of marriage and life was very consistent. Consistent is good, but also less exciting to talk about! I’ve spent the last three weeks in bed with pneumonia. Do not recommend! I’m still recovering, but I’m a lot better than I was last week.
I won’t bore you with all the non-exciting details, so let me skip to talking about all the amazing weddings I had this year!
- Photographed 30 weddings this year. Last year, I photographed 38 and my goal was to take on fewer weddings. I succeeded in my goal, but still feel overworked since I give so much to each couple. My 2020 wedding goal is to take 20 weddings. I currently have 18 booked, so we will see how many I do over my goal by the time 2021 comes around.
- Photographed 31 engagement sessions this year.
- Received 15 5-star reviews on The Knot and won Best of Weddings for the third year in a row!
- More than 100 couples inquired with me about booking 2019 and 2020 weddings. I really wish I could work with everyone, but unfortunately there aren’t enough weekends in a year. I’m not sure how there are so many venues available to host October weddings but literally everyone is getting married 10.10.2020.
- My images have been published in 12 wedding blogs and 1 print publication this year! Wow, last year I was published 6 times. Way to double my number!
- I organized and/or participated in 11 styled shoots.
- In April, I hired a graphic designer to create a new logo for me! I had the same logo since I started out and it was definitely time for a change. The new logo fits my brand and I cringe whenever I look at my old logo now. I can’t believe I kept that thing for almost 5 years. I’m still keeping up some of my old blog posts with that logo attached to show how much my brand has evolved over the years.
- I began working on a very exciting (and secretive) project! I’m still not ready to make the big announcement yet. Probably because I’m terrified, but it’s happening. Here’s a little teaser….over the past few months my husband has been working closely with me to add a new service to our offerings. We’ve practiced on a few weddings so far and ready to officially make the announcement. This is big!
I think that’s enough bragging for one day. Even though this article was all about me, none of these accomplishments would have been possible without YOU. Thank you for reading my blog, visiting my website, wanting to work with me, and interacting with me on social media. Thank you for accepting me and making me feel worthy in this crazy world. I really truly mean this, I appreciate you so much! I may have copied this paragraph from last year’s post. Don’t judge me, I’m still sick and it’s still true 🙂
Keep scrolling for some of my favorite images from the year! The couples below remind me every day why I do what I do. Thank you again for making this dream life possible.
By the way, I’m still accepting 2 more 2020 weddings. Contact me today to secure your date!