It’s hard to believe another year has come to a close. Well, technically my year isn’t over. I still have two weddings to go, but considering I’m leaving for vacation on Monday and my last wedding of the year isn’t until New Years Eve, I figured I should probably do this post now.
2022 was probably my busiest year to date. It seemed like a lot of couples who got engaged around COVID decided 2022 was their year.
Here’s a little summary of the last 12 months!
- I photographed 35 weddings, 23 engagement sessions, and 13 family sessions.
- I delivered 74 galleries.
- I wrote 68 blogs.
- We filmed 14 wedding videos.
- We received 17 new 5-star reviews and currently have 96 5-star reviews on The Knot. (P.S. it’s not too late to add to this total. Click the link!)
- I will photograph weddings/engagements in 6 states (Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, North Carolina, and New York)
- I started up a second business, helping other wedding pros with Dubsado. I’m still accepting 2023 clients if any vendor friends need help!
- I began volunteering with Melissa’s Second Chances to help animals find their forever homes.
- I read 45 books.
Ok, that last point doesn’t have anything to do with the business, but it was a major goal of mine to read one book a month. After the last few years of craziness, I wanted to make myself a priority this year. This means I gave myself grace when it came to my business. I made sure I had at least an hour a day dedicated to myself, whether that meant reading or playing games on my switch. I’m very proud of surpassing my reading goal by a lot!
Thank you to all my amazing clients and supporters who made this year my best yet. Enjoy looking back at some of my favorite images from the year!